- Slate Login (program login)
- McNair Application Fee Grant, DOVE Fellowship information
- Travel Support
- Programs for Graduate Student Recruitment at UMD 2021 (GSSF, DSF and others - login required)
- Dove Fellowships
- Provost's Professional Diversity Fellowship (PPDF)
- Graduate Programs at UMD Recruitment Flyer 2021
- Assign/Update Advisor (GRD Program Staff Only; DMS Programs - please contact the Graduate School Office)
- Graduate Degree Plan (All Programs, Please print double sided - no staples. DO NOT INCLUDE page 3 unless necessary).
- International Coursework Review - Process Map
- Transfer coursework between careers (e.g., UGRD to GRAD). Visit the Duluth One Stop Forms page and search for "Career". Choose the appropriate form for the type of transfer. Note: the GRAD to UGRD form is for the UMN TC students only. Contact the Grad Office ([email protected]) with any questions.
- Completion of Incomplete Work Contract (paper form)
- Annual Graduate Student Review Guidelines - University policy
- Graduate Student Advising Resources
- Special Registration Categories - Grad 999, Advanced Status, etc.
- Withdrawal Process
- Appointment to the Graduate Faculty (Effective Fall 2017)
- Appointing External Members to Graduate Examination Committees (6/4/2020)
- Graduate Education Faculty Role List (Check here to be sure your program's faculty members are listed.)
- Appointment of Directors of Graduate Studies (Process Approved 4/19/2011)
- Graduate Assistant Employment - UMN Policy
- Graduate Program Coordinator Network
- Graduate Admissions Annual Updates Fall 2020
- Requirements for Students Traveling Internationally on University Business
Travel Approval: Students traveling to countries under a U.S. Department of State's travel warning must obtain approval form the University's International Travel Risk Assessment and Advisory Committee (ITRAAC) before departure. NOTE: Applicants are encouraged to apply early as the committee review process commonly takes 6 to 8 weeks. The committee will not consider applications completed less than 2 weeks prior to planned departure.
Register Travel: Students must register travel through the International Travel Registry for Students, which will facilitate completion of the following requirements:
- Obtain University-approved, mandatory international travel, health, and security insurance (cost is $33/month or $8.75/week)
- Complete a release and waiver
- Provide 24-7 emergency contacts
- Complete online health and safety orientation
- Synthesist: Subscribe Here
Synthesist is a biweekly publication of the Graduate School, designed to deliver information to graduate faculty & staff about issues, events and opportunities related to graduate, professional and postdoctoral education.
The Ledger is a monthly account of admissions, records, and student systems news published by Academic Support Resources at the University of Minnesota.
In 2010, the University Senate Committee on Educational Policy (SCEP) charged a Graduate School Policy Review Committee to review and update existing graduate education policies that were previously found in a variety of formats, including the Graduate School catalog and constitution. The committee completed its work in spring 2012. Graduate education policies will continue to be developed and reviewed under the direction of the Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate Education, in consultation with faculty, staff and student stakeholders. Please contact [email protected] with questions or for more information.
Post-baccalaureate education at the University of Minnesota is based on a structure which groups programs into two communities: traditional research-based programs, and professional practice-based programs. The model is informed in part by the work of the Special Committee on Graduate Education (SCGE) in 2013.