Current (active) graduate students who wish to change their graduate major and/or degree level must submit a "Change of Status" application to the Office of Graduate Admissions. There are two types of Change of Status applications. Read below to determine which type of application you should submit.
In all cases, start by contacting the program to which you are applying for information about program content, deadlines, and whether additional materials (such as GRE scores or letters of recommendation) are needed.
Complete a new application if you want to:
- add a new (concurrent) program,
- change to a different degree program,
- change from a master's to a doctoral degree level (with or without completing the current master's degree).
Submit the completed application online. A $75 application fee is required.
Complete the Express Change Of Status (COS) Application if you want to:
- change from a Ph.D. to a master's in the same program
- add, remove, or change a track in your current major
Submit the completed Express COS application to [email protected]. No fee is required.
Former students who are not currently active in a graduate program, please visit our Readmission page for instructions on how to return to your program.