2022 Commencement - Saturday, May 7, 2022
The UMD Commencement Ceremony will be held in the AMSOIL Arena at the DECC on Saturday, May 7! We are thrilled to be able to have an in-person celebration. Masks are optional for graduates and guests. Ceremony times are as follows:
CEHSP and LSBE - 10:00am
The Ceremony will be approximately 2 hours long.
CAHSS and SCSE - 3:00pm
The Ceremony will be approximately 2.5 hours long.
The doors will open an hour and a half before the ceremony - tickets are not required. Students are asked to report to Paulucci Hall an hour and a half before their ceremony.
Please watch the UMD Commencement page for updates.
Requirements and deadlines
Monday, March 7, 2022 was the deadline for graduate students to submit the Commencement RSVP. This is to ensure that we have the correct names in the printed program, and to plan for seating on the day of the event. Names received after the deadline may not appear in the printed program. Contact the Grad Office at [email protected] with any questions.
- Visit our degree progress and completion page to be sure you are on track for graduation. Individual programs may have additional requirements for degree completion. Please check with your program office.
- Apply to Graduate online through your MyU Portal by the first day of the month in which you intend to complete all degree requirements. Note: This is NOT the same as the Commencement RSVP above. Applying to graduate is a separate step. You must apply to graduate through MyU to get your degree.
- Remember, Graduate School policy requires that you register every fall and every spring until your degree is awarded. Please contact the Graduate School Office or your program office with any questions.
Additional notes for those participating in Commencement Ceremonies
- Save 20% at the Grad Fair on March 3, 10am - 5pm in the Kirby Ballroom!
- Participating Doctoral degree students can find more information about doctoral regalia linked here.
- Participating Master's degree students can find more information about master's regalia linked here.
- ***NOTE: When ordering Graduation Hoods, please include your Discipline/Degree in the comments area.***
- Information for the hood colors by discipline/degree.
- If you have any questions about the proper regalia and deadlines by which regalia must be ordered, please contact UMD Stores.
- More details regarding Commencement are available on the UMD Commencement Information page
- Questions? Contact the UMD Graduate School Office at (218) 726-7523, or email [email protected]. Note: If you are an undergraduate student (bachelor's degree), contact [email protected].
Visit the One Stop Student Services website for information on the following:
- Your Diploma, including
- Enrollment/Degree Verification
- Questions? Contact One Stop Student Services at (218) 726-8000, or email [email protected]