2024 Commencement - Saturday, May 4, 2024
The UMD Commencement Ceremony will be held in person in the AMSOIL Arena at the DECC on Saturday, May 4th! Ceremony times are as follows:
CEHSP and LSBE - 10:00am
CAHSS and SCSE - 3:00pm
Ceremonies are approximately 2 - 2.5 hours long.
The doors will open an hour and a half before the ceremony - tickets are not required. Students are asked to report to Paulucci Hall an hour and a half before their ceremony.
Please see the UMD Commencement page for additional information and updates.
Requirements and deadlines
Friday, March 8, 2024 is the deadline for graduate students to submit the form to be recognized at Commencement. The form will be available beginning December 2023 for Spring 2024 Commencement. This is to ensure that we have the correct names in the printed program, and to plan for seating on the day of the event. Names received after the deadline are not guaranteed to appear in the printed program. Contact the Grad Office at [email protected] with any questions.
Additional notes for those participating in Commencement Ceremonies
- Save 20% at the Grad Fair in the Kirby Ballroom! 2024 date TBA.
- Participating Doctoral degree students can find more information about doctoral regalia linked here.
- Participating Master's degree students can find more information about master's regalia linked here.
- ***NOTE: When ordering Graduation Hoods, please include your Discipline/Degree in the comments area.***
- Information for the hood colors by discipline/degree.
- If you have any questions about the proper regalia and deadlines by which regalia must be ordered, please contact UMD Stores.
- More details regarding Commencement are available on the UMD Commencement Information page
- Questions? Contact the UMD Graduate School Office at (218) 726-7523, or email [email protected]. Note: If you are an undergraduate student (bachelor's degree), contact [email protected].
Visit our degree progress and completion page to be sure you are on track for earning your degree. Individual programs may have additional requirements for degree completion. Please check with your program office.
Visit the One Stop Student Services website for information on the following:
- Your Diploma, including
- Enrollment/Degree Verification
- Questions? Contact One Stop Student Services at (218) 726-8000, or email [email protected]