Grad Ed Forms

Many of the forms linked below are specific to graduate education. Forms related to financial aid and student accounts are available on the One Stop Forms page.

Degree Progress

  • Graduate Degree Plan - Applies to students entering prior to Fall 2022. (Please print double sided - no staples. DO NOT INCLUDE page 3 unless necessary.)
    • Submit at least one semester before you intend to graduate. NOTE:  Students matriculating Fall 2022 or later will use an online degree planning and audit system (GPAS) instead of the GDP form. Please check with your program for instructions.
    • Transfer coursework between careers (e.g., UGRD to GRAD). Visit the One Stop Forms Page and search for "Career". Choose the appropriate form for the type of transfer. Note: the GRAD to UGRD form is for the UMN TC students only. Contact the Grad Office ([email protected]) with any questions.
    • Graduate Student Petition Form (For minor changes to Graduate Degree Plan. Submit a Revised GDP if there are major changes, e.g., change of plan type, many coursework changes.)
  • GPAS (Graduate Planning and Audit System) - Applies to students entering in Fall 2022 and later.
    • Check with your program for instructions on when to submit your GPAS planner.
    • Here are some videos to help you navigate to and understand the GPAS audit.
    • Add or remove a graduate minor. (This form is available to students using GPAS only.) Note that minors are not available in every field, and not all programs allow a minor. Minors must be declared prior to the final examination (master's students) or prior to the preliminary oral examination (doctoral students). If a minor is declared, at least one examination committee member must represent the minor. Please check with your program before adding a minor.

Degree Completion


  • Commencement Recognition (Submit this RSVP form if you wish to be recognized for your degree, even if you do not plan to attend the Spring 2024 Commencement Ceremony. The submission deadline is March 8, 2024. Names received after this date may not be listed in the printed Commencement program.)

Special Purpose

  • Registration Exception Request (ALL graduate students. Submit this request to change your registration (e.g., add, drop, swap sections, change grade basis, etc.) after a deadline, or to register for more than 18 credits. NOTE:  Approval from your program and/or the Grad Office must be received before using this form.
  • Time Limit Extension Request (Master's | Doctoral)
  • Travel Support (instructions and forms)
  • Withdrawal Process