Many of the forms linked below are specific to graduate education. Forms related to financial aid and student accounts are available on the One Stop Forms page.
- Assign/Update Examining Committee (DO NOT USE if in M Ed, MEEd, MEHS, M Eng, MPS, MTAG, or MTRES. See your program coordinator for assistance.)
- Graduate Degree Plan (ALL graduate students. Please print double sided - no staples. DO NOT INCLUDE page 3 unless necessary)
- Submit at least one semester before you intend to graduate.
- Transfer coursework between careers (e.g., UGRD to GRAD). Visit the One Stop Forms Page and search for "Career". Choose the appropriate form for the type of transfer. Note: the GRAD to UGRD form is for the UMN TC students only. Contact the Grad Office ([email protected]) with any questions.
- Graduate Student Petition Form (For minor changes to Graduate Degree Plan. Submit a Revised GDP if there are major changes, e.g., change of plan type, many coursework changes.)
- Apply to Graduate (MyU Tutorial)
- Application for Degree (Instructions for indicating your graduation month)
- Thesis/Dissertation Approval & Deposit Agreement - (The Signature Page and Deposit Agreement were combined into one electronic form as of Sept 1, 2021.)
- Thesis/Dissertation Hold Request or Hold Extension (Plan A master's and doctoral degrees only. Must be submitted by the last working day of the intended month of graduation. The hold request form was converted into an electronic form as of Oct 4, 2021.)
- Commencement RSVP - UMD Commencement Manager - log in to confirm your degree information and submit the Commencement RSVP, even if you do not plan to attend Commencement Exercises. This form is available every year in January.
- Application for Advanced Doctoral Status
- Application for Advanced Master's Status
- Application for Special Graduate Assistant Registration Status (SGARS)
- Change of Status (Word Doc.)
- Completion of Incomplete Work Contract
- Enrollment/Degree Verification Request (For Enrollment, GPA, Degree Award)
- Graduate Academic Petition (for exceptions or accommodations to graduate academic policy)
- Graduate Student Travel Support Application
- Leave of Absence (policy and forms)
- Multi-institutional Enrollment
- UMD Multi-institutional registration form (Note: IBS PhD & WRS MS, PhD students do not need to submit this form. UMD students in all other programs must use this online form, and not the paper forms for other campuses.)