Many of the forms linked below are specific to graduate education. Forms related to financial aid and student accounts are available on the One Stop Forms page.
- Assign/Update Examining Committee (DO NOT USE if in M Ed, MEEd, MEHS, M Eng, MPS, MTAG, or MTRES. See your program coordinator for assistance.)
- Graduate Degree Plan - Applies to students entering prior to Fall 2022. (Please print double sided - no staples. DO NOT INCLUDE page 3 unless necessary.)
- Submit at least one semester before you intend to graduate. NOTE: Students matriculating Fall 2022 or later will use an online degree planning and audit system (GPAS) instead of the GDP form. Please check with your program for instructions.
- Transfer coursework between careers (e.g., UGRD to GRAD). Visit the One Stop Forms Page and search for "Career". Choose the appropriate form for the type of transfer. Note: the GRAD to UGRD form is for the UMN TC students only. Contact the Grad Office ([email protected]) with any questions.
- Graduate Student Petition Form (For minor changes to Graduate Degree Plan. Submit a Revised GDP if there are major changes, e.g., change of plan type, many coursework changes.)
- GPAS (Graduate Planning and Audit System) - Applies to students entering in Fall 2022 and later.
- Check with your program for instructions on using GPAS.
- Here are some videos to help you navigate to and understand the GPAS audit.
- Add or remove a graduate minor. (This form is available to students using GPAS only.) Note that minors are not available in every field, and not all programs allow a minor. Minors must be declared prior to the final examination (master's students) or prior to the preliminary oral examination (doctoral students). If a minor is declared, at least one examination committee member must represent the minor. Please check with your program before adding a minor.
- Apply to Graduate (MyU Tutorial)
- Application for Degree (Instructions for indicating your graduation month)
- Thesis/Dissertation Approval & Deposit Agreement (Submission note: Enter your advisor email as username followed by @umn.edu - leave out the "d dot". The form does not recognize d.umn.edu email addresses.)
- Thesis/Dissertation Hold Request or Hold Extension (Plan A master's and doctoral degrees only. Must be submitted by the last working day of the intended month of graduation.
- Commencement Recognition (Submit this form if you wish to be recognized for your degree, even if you do not plan to attend the Spring 2024 Commencement Ceremony. The submission deadline is March 8, 2024. Names received after this date may not be listed in the printed Commencement program.) The form will be available in December 2023 for Spring 2024 Commencement.
- Application for Advanced Doctoral Status
- Application for Advanced Master's Status
- Application for Special Graduate Assistant Registration Status (SGARS)
- Change of Status (Word Doc)
- Completion of Incomplete Work Contract
- Enrollment/Degree Verification Request (For Enrollment, GPA, Degree Award)
- Graduate Academic Petition (for exceptions to University or program graduate academic policy)
- Leave of Absence (policy and forms)
- Multi-institutional Enrollment
- UMD Multi-institutional registration form (Note: IBS PhD & WRS MS, PhD students do not need to submit this form. UMD students in all other programs must use this online form, and not the paper forms for other campuses.)
- Registration Exception Request (ALL graduate students. Submit this request to change your registration (e.g., add, drop, swap sections, change grade basis, etc.) after a deadline, or to register for more than 18 credits. NOTE: Approval from your program and/or the Grad Office must be received before using this form.
- Time Limit Extension Request (Master's | Doctoral)
- Travel Support (instructions and forms)
- Withdrawal Process