Many of the forms linked below are specific to graduate education. Forms related to financial aid and student accounts are available on the One Stop Forms page.
- Assign/Update Examining Committee (DO NOT USE if in M Ed, MEEd, MEHS, M Eng, MPS, MTAG, or MTRES. See your program coordinator for assistance.)
- Graduate Degree Plan (ALL graduate students. Please print double sided - no staples. DO NOT INCLUDE page 3 unless necessary)
- Submit at least one semester before you intend to graduate.
- Transfer coursework between careers (e.g., UGRD to GRAD). Visit the One Stop Forms Page and search for "Career". Choose the appropriate form for the type of transfer. Note: the GRAD to UGRD form is for the UMN TC students only. Contact the Grad Office ([email protected]) with any questions.
- Graduate Student Petition Form (For minor changes to Graduate Degree Plan. Submit a Revised GDP if there are major changes, e.g., change of plan type, many coursework changes.)
- Apply to Graduate (MyU Tutorial)
- Application for Degree (Instructions for indicating your graduation month)
- Thesis/Dissertation Approval & Deposit Agreement - (The Signature Page and Deposit Agreement were combined into one electronic form as of Sept 1, 2021.)
- Thesis or Dissertation Hold Request
- Commencement RSVP - UMD Commencement Manager - log in to confirm your degree information and submit the Commencement RSVP, even if you do not plan to attend Commencement Exercises. This form is available every year in January.
- Application for Advanced Doctoral Status
- Application for Advanced Master's Status
- Application for Special Graduate Assistant Registration Status (SGARS)
- Completion of Incomplete Work Contract
- Enrollment/Degree Verification Request (For Enrollment, GPA, Degree Award)
- Graduate Academic Petition (for exceptions or accommodations to graduate academic policy)
- Graduate Student Travel Support Application
- Leave of Absence (policy and forms)
- Multi-institutional Enrollment
- UMD Multi-institutional registration form (Note: IBS PhD & WRS MS, PhD students do not need to submit this form. UMD students in all other programs must use this online form, and not the paper forms for other campuses.)