About the GRE
Many graduate and professional programs require Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. GRE tests are administered through the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
- To see program-specific GRE requirements, check your program page.
ETS Institution Code
- The University of Minnesota Duluth Graduate School institutional code is 6873.
- We recommend that applicants complete the GRE test several months before applying to a graduate or professional program.
- Please note that the Educational Testing Service (ETS) will not forward GRE scores that are more than five years old. However, some graduate programs may accept GRE Examinee Score Reports that are more than five years old. For more information, please inquire with your program of interest.
- Some graduate programs require a GRE Subject Test, which is for student who have majored in or have extensive background in a specific area. For more information please inquire with your program of interest.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for scores to be matched to your application record. If you have already submitted an application and want to find out if we have received your official scores, log into your application and check your application status page.